Thursday, November 4, 2010

Unpacking

I am a really good packer. Maybe it comes from enjoying puzzle solving. But I can organize a closet like nobody's business. I've always seen that as a positive personality trait. But as we settled into our smaller digs, there was a downside to being spatially adept. I was way too good at cramming way too much stuff into a single small space. Too much stuff in a small space was leaving us feeling cramped and confined. Within a couple of months I realized that not having every nook and cranny filled would not only look better, it would also feel better. I have found that every couple of months I need to sweep through the house, eliminating the unnecessary and freeing us all from the oppression of the stuff that finds its way onto every flat or empty surface. It was a surprise to me that getting rid of stuff is something that needs to be done regularly when you live in a small space.

No comments:

Post a Comment